FR Oil System
Rubio Monocoat FR Oil System is the first fire-retardant oil system that has acquired a Bfl-s1 certification for oak.
The system combines a pre-treatment with the fire-retardant FR Base and a finish with FR Oil 2C.
What makes this fire-retardant system so unique?
› Oil, no film forming
Rubio Monocoat FR Oil System is based on our well-known molecular binding technology. This entails that the Rubio Monocoat FR Oil forms a molecular bond with the wood's surface microns. This results in a durable protection without a build-up of layers.
› No salts
Research has shown that the content of salts can seriously limit the efficacy of flame retardant products. In contrast to many flame retardant systems, Rubio Monocoat FR Oil System does not contain any salts. This increases the durability of the system.
› Limiting the development of smoke
One of the focusses during the creation of Rubio Monocoat FR Oil System was the limitation of smoke development. Statistics have proven that smoke dramatically reduces the chances of saving people caught up in a fire situation. Our system's smoke production achieved an s1 classification for smoke formation. This is a clear indication that our system is also safer in this area.
- No build-up of layers, no saturation.
- No solvents or water, 0% VOC.
- Available in all standard interior Rubio Monocoat-colours.
- Manual and industrial application.
- Optimal performance: low consumption.
- Certificate Bfl-s1 tested according to the standard EN 13501-1: EN ISO 11925-2 and EN ISO 9239-1.
- Packaging Rubio Monocoat FR Base: can 1 L and 5 L.
- Packaging Rubio Monocoat FR Oil 2C: 1.3 L and 3.5 L duo can.